PEOPLE can have their say over plans for housing in Wiltshire over the next 15 years at events starting on Monday (October 2).
Wiltshire Council is hosting the first Local Plan consultation drop-in events at Amesbury Library and Bradford on Avon Library on Monday, Chippenham Olympiad on Tuesday, Melksham Community Campus and The Nadder Centre in Tisbury on Wednesday and Devizes Library on Thursday.
People can just turn up at the events to find out more about plans for their area and across the county.
A total of 16 in-person drop-in events are planned during the consultation, as well as an online event.
Cllr Nick Botterill, cabinet member for strategic planning, said: “I’d urge anyone with an interest in the future of the areas in and around Amesbury, Bradford on Avon Chippenham, Melksham, Tisbury and Mere to take some time to visit our first in-person events next week and find out more about how the Local Plan is planning for growth in these areas.
“The Local Plan identifies sites for future growth of both homes and employment over the next 15 years, and it also contains policies that ensure we maximise building on brownfield sites, build enough affordable homes, and ensure new developments meet zero carbon standards.
“Once the plan is adopted, all planning applications will be determined against it, making it the most important place-shaping document for Wiltshire, so please take the time to take part in the consultation and have your say.”
The consultation ends at 5pm on Wednesday, November 22.
People can share their views online, and anyone without internet access can visit a library to use the computers there, or contact the council to get a written copy of the representation form and find out how to view the documents.
To find out more and to sign up for online event, people should go to www.wiltshire.gov.uk/local-plan.
The full programme of drop-in events during the Wiltshire Local Plan consultation is:
- Amesbury: Amesbury, Bulford, Durrington, Great Wishford, Porton, Shrewton, Tilshead and The Winterbournes: Monday, October 2, 3pm-7pm, Amesbury Library, Smithfield Street, Amesbury SP4 7AL
- Bradford on Avon: Bradford on Avon, Holt, Westwood and Winsley, Monday, October 2, 3pm-7pm, Bradford on Avon Library, Bridge Street, Bradford on Avon BA15 1BY
- Chippenham: Chippenham, Christian Malford, Hullavington, Kington St Michael, Sutton Benger and Yatton Keynell, Tuesday, October 3, 3pm-7pm, Olympiad Leisure Centre, Sadlers Mead, Chippenham SN15 3PA
- Melksham: Melksham, Atworth, Bowerhill, Seend, Semington, Shaw and Whitley and Steeple Ashton, Wednesday, October 4, 3pm-7pm, Melksham Community Campus, Market Place, Melksham SN12 6ES
- Tisbury and Mere: Tisbury, Mere, Fovant, Hindon and Ludwell, Wednesday, October 4, 3pm-7pm, The Nadder Centre, Weaveland Road, Tisbury SP3 6HJ
- Devizes: Devizes, Bromham, Market Lavington, Potterne, Rowde, Urchfont, West Lavington, Littleton Pannell and Worton, Thursday, October 5, 3pm-7pm, Devizes Library, Sheep Street, Devizes SN10 1DL
- Marlborough: Marlborough, Aldbourne, Baydon, Broad Hinton, Ramsbury, Pewsey, Burbage, Great Bedwyn, Shalbourne and Upavon, Monday, October 9, 3pm-7pm, Marlborough Library, 91 High Street, Marlborough SN8 1HD
- Malmesbury: Malmesbury, Ashton Keynes, Crudwell, Great Somerford, Oaksey and Sherston, Monday, October 9, 3pm-7pm, Malmesbury Library, 24 Cross Hayes Lane, Malmesbury SN16 9BG
- General information webinar: Online webinar covering all of Wiltshire, Tuesday, October 10, 6.30pm-8pm, Online
- Corsham: Corsham, Box, Colerne and Rudloe: Wednesday, October 11, 3pm-7pm, Springfield Community Campus, Beechfield Road, Corsham SN13 9DN
- Royal Wootton Bassett: Royal Wootton Bassett, Cricklade, Lyneham and Purton, Wednesday, October 11, 3pm-7pm, Royal Wootton Bassett Library, 11 Borough Fields, Royal Wootton Bassett SN4 7AX
- Trowbridge: Trowbridge, Hilperton, North Bradley and Southwick, Thursday, October 12, 3pm-7pm, Atrium, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge BA14 8JN
- Calne: Calne, Derry Hill and Studley, Monday, October 16, 3pm-7pm, Calne Library, The Strand, Calne SN11 0JU
- Westbury: Westbury, Dilton Marsh and Bratton, Monday, October 16, 4.30pm-8.30pm, Leighton Recreation Centre, Wellhead Lane, Westbury BA13 3PT
- Salisbury: Salisbury, Alderbury, Broad Chalke, Coombe Bissett, Dinton, Downton, Laverstock and Ford, Morgan’s Vale, Woodfalls, Pitton, Whiteparish, Wilton and Winterslows, Tuesday, October 17, 3pm-7pm, Salisbury Library, Market Walk, Salisbury SP1 1BL
- Tidworth and Ludgershall: Tidworth, Ludgershall, Collingbourne Ducis and Netheravon, Wednesday, October 18, 3pm-7pm, Tidworth Leisure Centre, Nadder Road, Tidworth SP9 7QN
- Warminster: Warminster, Chapmanslade, Codford, Corsley, Heytesbury and Sutton Veny, Wednesday, October 18, 3pm-7pm, Warminster Sports Centre, Woodcock Road, Warminster BA12 9DQ