COMMUNITY-minded people keen to make a difference in Salisbury are being encouraged to put themselves forward for election to the city council.
Now, people are being reminded they will need to request a nomination paper from the returning officer for the election.
“Becoming a councillor is a rewarding experience and will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in your local area and help improve the lives of residents,” a spokesperson said.
“The role can include helping with problems, coming up with ideas, working with local community groups, and making and reviewing decisions.”
More information, and nomination forms, can be found at:
• The Electoral Commission website: www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/candidate-or-agent/parish-council-elections-england
• Main Reception at County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8JN
• Main Reception at The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, SP1 3UZ
• Main Reception at Council Offices, Monkton Park, Chippenham, SN15 1ER
• By telephoning Wiltshire Electoral Services on 0300 456 0112.
This will then need to be hand delivered to the returning officer, or his appointed staff, at Electoral Services, Wiltshire Council, County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN on any day after the date of the notice, on working days from Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm (excluding bank holidays), but no later than 4pm on Friday, October 6.
If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, November 2.
For more information, including the Notice of Election, visit https://salisburycitycouncil.gov.uk/our-council/your-councillors/election-of-a-city-councillor.