Smoke inhalation injuries after Salisbury house fire

PEOPLE were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Salisbury.

Three fire crews were sent to the incident, in Richards Way, Harnham, at around 8.45am this morning (July 10).

A spokesperson for the Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The occupants were still inside the property and the control firefighter who had answered the 999 call encouraged them to make their way outside, and stayed on the emergency line providing reassurance until the arrival of our firefighters.

“The fire was located in a first-floor bedroom and extinguished by crews using two hose reel jets and four breathing apparatus.

“They employed tactical ventilation to clear the smoke.”

An ambulance crew attended to treat the occupants for suspected smoke inhalation, the spokesperson added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *