1. Advertisements must conform to the British Code of Advertising Practice and must accurately reflect the product and or service being advertised.
2. Advertisements are subject to the publisher’s approval and must always be recognisable as such and not resemble editorial matter.
3. All claims made in advertisements must be capable of being supported by appropriate evidence and must be made available to the publisher upon request.
4. Blackmore Vale Ltd reserves the right to refuse publication of advertisements it feels;
i. May cause offence.
ii. Could be considered misleading or fraudulent.
iii. Promote items/services that could be harmful (to persons or property) or illegal.
iv. Promote items/services that could be harmful to the environment.
5. The publication of an advertisement by the publisher does not constitute endorsement of the advertiser, its products or services.
6. Space reserved by an advertiser must be paid in full where the advertisement is not published due to an act or omission by the advertiser. This includes advert copy that arrives after publication dead-line date.
7. The publisher reserves the right to increase advertisement rates at any time or to amend the terms and conditions at any time.
8. The publisher will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by amendment, error, late publication or nonpublication from any cause whatsoever.
9. The publisher will not accept liability for any error on the part of third parties or inaccurate copy instructions.
10. The publisher reserves the right to publish the most appropriate copy should copy instructions not be received by the stipulated time.
11. Artwork should be supplied as an electronic image file, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on CD and posted to the above address, in the following formats: tiff, jpeg, eps, PDF, scaled to print size at 300 dpi (indicate if image is layered). Alternatively, supplied as an InDesign or Quark Express file (with relevant fonts and images, logos etc. included). Blackmore Vale ltd also offers an in-house design service: copy set and prepared by Blackmore Vale ltd (artwork, repro work, setting or amendments) +15%. Full colour (unless otherwise stated) +20%.
12. Payment for all advertisements is due on receipt of booking unless a credit account has been opened. Credit can be extended subject to satisfactory credit checks. Credit Account Invoices for display advertisements must be settled within 30 days of issue.
13. By signing the booking form, you commit to the space reserved and agree to the terms and conditions of booking herewith.
14. We regret cancellations cannot be accepted after booking. Space reserved for which no artwork or copy is received by copy deadline date will be charged at the agreed rate as stated on the booking form.
15. Repeat adverts. If Blackmore Vale ltd are asked to repeat an advert, we will always use the most recent copy published unless instructed otherwise.
16. Neither the publisher or its contractors and sub-contractors shall be liable for any consequential loss arising from non-publication of advert or from any errors or omissions contained in published copy/advert.
17. Material which in the Blackmore Vale ltd’s opinion could be considered offensive to readers will be censored or omitted from the publication. Where possible you will be advised to supply alternative copy. Point 6 shall apply if new copy is not received by copy deadline date.