This Saturday (September 2), if you are in Salisbury around 6.30pm, head over to Ox Row where a very special raffle and auction will be taking place featuring some incredible prizes, and all in aid of both Salisbury and Southampton hospitals.
The event is being organised by Liz Coombes, director of Artisan Wine and Spirit Co, and is the first of a two-part fundraising event for the hospitals that together helped save her son Fraser’s life.
Liz takes up the story: “My eldest son Fraser was found unresponsive on Christmas morning and we rushed him to Salisbury Hospital where they found an abscess on his brain and a patch of further infection.
“He was bluelighted to Southampton where he underwent emergency brain surgery for the rest of Christmas Day and further surgery two weeks later after going downhill again.
“I’m raising money for both hospitals as they did equally important jobs in saving his life. They honestly didn’t expect him to survive Christmas Day so he is a bit of a miracle.”
On the night, the auction will be hosted by Tramps & Amps, who will be playing two live sets outside the Ox Row, with the auction held between the two.
The auction lots are:
• A 4-course meal cooked for up to 6 people in your own home by Tim of Allium Restaurant
• A stunning framed oil painting (5 x 7 inches) of an Art Deco building by Jane Walker, a local Salisbury artist [https://www.instagram.com/p/CGSiRyHHsmU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==]
• A bottle of House of Commons Champagne signed by the PM himself (this will follow on after the event as John Glen has to organise this)
• A private wine tasting for up to 8 people hosted by Artisan Wine and Spirit Co
• A freshwater pearl necklace kindly donated by Tribbecks Jewellers
In addition to the auction, a raffle will be held with each ticket costing £1. Prizes include:
• A £395 bottle of 45-year-old cognac
• A magnum of champagne
• A £100 voucher for Allium and the same for the Old Ale & Coffee House
• A space on a full day fire-pit cookery course,
• 2 sets of tickets for the Everyman Cinema
• A tasting and tour for two of Bluestone Vineyard.
In total, there will be more than 30 prizes available.
The auction and raffle are precursors to the second fundraising event which will see Liz and a team made up of friends and customers walking from Salisbury Hospital to Southampton Hospital on September 10.
You can read more about the background to the fundraising events on the Just Giving pages.