Alberto Fioletti, of Fordingbridge, guilty of Stephanie Hodgkinson murder in Bournemouth

ALBERTO Fioletti, of Fordingbridge, has been found guilty of murdering mother-of-two Stephanie Hodgkinson in Bournemouth.

The 31-year-old has today (Friday) been found guilty of murder following a four-week trial at Bournemouth Crown Court and is due to be sentenced on January 15.

The court was told how on Friday, May 12, the defendant and 34-year-old Stephanie arranged to meet at the victim’s home address, in Rosemount Road, to discuss their relationship.

Fioletti was seen on CCTV heading toward the address a few minutes before noon.

Then, at 12.17pm, the ambulance service received an emergency call from Fioletti, who said, “I killed my girlfriend” and also indicated he had injured himself.

The police were notified and after forcing entry, officers sadly found Stephanie dead having sustained a number of stab wounds.

Fioletti was also present and was treated by paramedics, arrested and taken to hospital for treatment to stomach wounds.

He remained in hospital under arrest and police guard until May 24.

When Fioletti was assessed as able to be discharged from hospital, he was brought to custody where he was interviewed by detectives.

The defendant admitted that he was responsible for Stephanie’s death. He had become angry after Stephanie had ended their seven-month relationship.

A post-mortem examination found Stephanie died as a result of stab wounds to the chest.

Following consultation with the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS), Dorset Police was authorised to charge Fioletti with murder.

Detective Inspector Mark Jenkins, of MCIT, said: “This was an incredibly sad incident where Stephanie, a young mother of two, lost her life during a brutal and violent attack by a man she had only known for a short time, but that she trusted.

“I can only imagine the devastation his actions have caused to Stephanie’s young children, her parents, family and friends who have suffered immeasurable loss.

“My thoughts and those of the whole investigation team remain with them at this extremely difficult time. My hope is that the outcome today brings some small comfort that justice has been served.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *